I had a google moment today, brought on by listening to yet another client/journo interview on the phones, and thinking about university. Not sure what led me to think about uni but there we go. Anyway, was googling away through links, and suddenly came across a guy I was in a university creative writing class with from 97-99. He's now an award-winning playwright making a living from writing... and I'm struggling with huge amounts of respect tinged with a considerable jealous streak. He was definitely class star - his submissions were always the ones that got the most air time - usually because there was a gleam of brilliance amongst the student crap. Strange thing is where the envy has appeared from - I know I wouldn't have made it as a writer, I'm far too money orientated ... tho I do wish I'd carried on writing. Not something I can't pick up again though I guess. Hence le blog...
Anyway - big up Fin - well done you. My new mission is to see something of his being performed. Next time I'm home perhaps, and have mastered the art of supressing the green eyed monster.
Strange thing - just used the word mercurial thinking it meant money orientated then got an attack of the doubts and checked - really like the (second) description that dictionary.com gave - it read: 2. animated; lively; sprightly; quick-witted. So from a negative intention I ended up with quite a good word! Karmic twist? Or just mildly illiterate? I then checked the link (as i just learnt this new trick) and the page had refreshed and the second description read 'shrewishness'. So I won't be using that in a hurry - cheered me up for five minutes though, so bugger it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment