Today has been a somewhat frustrating day, powered by an odd sense of determination on my part - which had gone in to hiding of late so it's good to have that back!
Moved back in to the flat yesterday from the prentals place - finally. I do love them dearly and am very lucky how well we get along, but a week was quite enough. Allowed George the cat to sleep in my room as a 'last hurrah' - as he's been doing all summer, nicely curling up on the pillows on the other side of the bed. Seems Mum got up in the middle of the night and closed my door - George was highly indignant at this flagrant breach of his rights so promptly sat on my head. At 4am. It might have been ok once, when he was young and slender, but he is nowhere near either anymore.At least it reminded me that moving back in to my flat was a very good idea.
Pottered round last night throwing out most of what was in the fridge and sorting my stuff. It has only been a month, and I was really only on the other side of town but it was great to be back. Made me realise that my cunning plan of sharing a flat in the new Burj Dubai area to stay somewhere in the region of what I pay now... May not be the master plan I'd thought it was. Either that or cough up a min of a third more again to live on my own. Ouch
To add to the increasingly hollow sound of the piggy bank, my jobs today have been:
* pay credit card (not yet achieved)
* pay flight ticket to McGing's wedding (tick!)
* upgrade return leg with miles (half tick)
* get replacement driving license (tick)
* test drive two cars
I was also supposed to be going to spinning but as I'm still in a taxi queue in City Center attempting to pay the credit card bill (failed) and as the world and his wife are in this queue, i really don't think I'm going to make it to DIFC in 11mins. This is apparently a filipino hangout, so I'm both the tallest and fattest person in the queue. I know this because the window next to me is mirrored, so the fifty or so people in this stretch of the queue only need to glance right, and the proof looms in front of them, a vision, or curiousity at least, in rose pink and beige. I would say that looks better than it sounds, but from this vantage point, I'm not so sure!
On a positive note, i read an article on 'pay it forward' or 'random act of kindness' this morning, so I stopped to pick someone up who couldn't get a cab. Then this afternoon, when i needed yet another bit of random paper photocopied to get my license, at which point I discover the photocopying shop (oh yes they do exist) was shut for Ramadam timings, a nice lady in the forex exchange kindly did me a favour and copied the doc for me. So I'm now a convert. Will just have to remember this on the greyer days... Fingers crossed for the rest of the list today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to see you blogging again lovely... They're so good!
Post a Comment