Monday, September 15, 2008

loungy lunching

A day of rushed efficiency and not a lot of actual work, despite the financial melt down and sense of wonder and panic combined. In between picking up cheques, sorting car insurance and paying phone bills, we discussed the impact of Wall Street's troubles on the Exchange. A slightly odd conversation, and one tinged with the feeling of being at the top of a steep, and not particularly pleasant waterfall and wondering how far the drop might be.

Still the burst of efficiency was needed, so I can happily harrass people tomorrow knowing I've done all my bits.

Headed to Zuma again for lunch, with the PR agency and 2 colleagues, one of whom joined today. Decided that as much as I like the place and it remmains my new venue of choice, it's probably better to go with people you know well, as the sharing concept is just a bit too intimate for a business restaurant in the DIFC. Still, it makes a massive change from Gourmet Burger Kitchen or the curry / Noodle House.

Headed to the gym after work for Pilates at 4pm, then spinning at 6. Worked my ass off, and am now slumped happily on the sofa watching Beverly Hills Cop 3... Seriously old school - I'd forgotten how much swearing and suggestions of sex there were - we can't have been very old when we saw it the first time - I'll be calling Mum with any official complaint shortly!

No comments: