Tuesday, June 26, 2007

chinese toons

I am currently committing that unforgiveable business trip faux pas. I have my laptop open at the table in the restaurant and I'm working whilst eating. I think I have morphed in to Alan Partridge, the Middle Eastern episode. It beats listening to 'I've been working on the railway...' in chinese flute tones..... hell

Another day of craziness and nonsense best forgotten, suffice to say, work still hell without my beloved MD, who is pledging her undying love somewhere in Spain. Lucky bird.

Facebook still proving massively addictive, especially as I have recently discovered a plethora of school people signed up. Crazy to see how little everyone has changed, I can't believe we all look the same as we did when we were 17... perhaps I have my own rose tinted specs on? Had a chat with Ms Fry on this point, we concluded that the girls have all matured whilst the boys look the same. I'm not sure that we weren't being slightly biased, but I'm going with that theory.. we're all grown ups, they aren't. Cough, splutter...

In Bahrain tonight, a less than thrilling country. It might be better if I wasn't working, though I've been here enough times to know that it really isn't all that. A little version of Dubai ten years ago. Some might argue that's not a bad thing, but its not for me just yet. 2.4 kids and a hubbie working in a bank.... sububan living... um not yet thanks.

Nepotism has also ruled this week, with me passing on work jobs to friends and family at home. Is that wrong? I'm not sure. I seem to have an ethics issue - flirting with clients (again today - I may well have a date on my return, which will be a whole new can of worms to be worried over) and giving jobs to family. Oh sod it. Great policy eh? I'm too tired to care. Big love, peace out. x

No comments: