Saturday, June 23, 2007

facebook addiction and crap tv

A quiet day today full of bonding with the sofa, watching crap tv and not much else. The cats broke my glass coffee table at 7am yesterday morning, disrupting my pre-brunch lie in, and I haven't quite got round to fixing the room up again.... or buying washing powder or a toaster, or a new hairdryer. However, I did manage to watch the first half of Dead Poets Society before I had to go and get a manicure/ pedicure with hels at the madinat, a very enjoyable couple of hours watching friends videos in big squidgy chairs getting pampered. My priorities are securely in place.

The cats are being incredibly sweet and loving this week, which is either a reaction to my stress-head ways, or just a reflection of their innate loveliness, which his bloody typical now that jodi is again muttering about sending for them. Still, I shall be left with my memories... and the sofa in absolute tatters! Recently they have been running around the house as if they're possessed - quite amusing but fairly disconcerting when I'm chilling watching tv.

Everything on tv seems to be about death and forensics recently. CSI Miami / NY /Vegas, Judging Amy, Crossing Jordan, Silent Witness... the list goes on and on... not a night goes by without me watching something linked with death and chopping up body parts. Quite depressing really - at the moment i'm learning about bullets and full metal jackets.

Hels and I had dinner at Noodle House this evening, which was good until she had a call which threw us in to the realms of boy politicking and pre-analysing / speculation. Also put paid to our shopping plans, but that was possibly a good thing, as aI'm actually really tired. Long brunching day yesterday, excellent fun, and concocted a plan for a girls trip to the Hong Kong Rugby 7s in march next year... its the same time as the races but I think I can live with not going to another World Cup for one year. In the course of our discussionsit also transpired that the 7s world cup will be held in Dubai in 2009... will be incredible - they're already building a massive purpose built stadium for the very purpose. Bring it on, I say, the more events in Dubai the better, especially if silly work nonsense keeps meaning that all my holidays get cancelled. All I'm looking forward to at the moment is two weeks in September working from the london office - although that will be great - three weekends on the trot with work picking up the tab! Thank you very much....

No comments: