Wednesday, June 06, 2007

quirks & cyclones

Apparently we are going to be on the edge of a cyclone this evening - I'm not entirely sure who to believe as different reports keep claiming it is headed in different directions. Bring on the storm I say - we've got a couple brewing in the office as well so hopefully it should clear tensions.

I'm falling victim to my post work posting routine, and am about to launch in to the rant about people not doing their jobs properly. I'm holding back. Thankfully, I now don't have to interview a german bird with no PR experience. It might have been nice if someone had told me this a bit earlier than 2 minutes to 7, when she was due to be arriving at 7pm. When I checked if that someone wanted to be in the interview, I was informed said german chick had googled us and realized she didn't want to work in PR. Thanks for sparing me the pain luv.

Went to Karin's surprise birthday party the other night, which was truly fab, as it was in a little hidden corner of loveliness called Smiling BKK. It was truly special, with embossed wallpaper, random blow up animals in sexual positions, tablemats made out of magazine pages (and nothing else, literally, just mag pages cut out nicely - whole new advertising medium methinks) and a mad menu full of dishes named after bad country & western songs, James Bond movies, or just silly thai cliches like 'love you long time' or 'Fook Mi' (which is what i ordered and it was really tasty!) I'd left my phone at home otherwise I'd have pictures. I'll be going back.

Otherwise I've spent lots of time in the scablands and am thoroughly unexcited about the prospect of being banished to its dusty climes. I'm resisting, quite effectively.

No comments: