Currently stranded in bahrain due to a sandstorm. To my eyes, it looks pretty clear. Apparently what I'm looking at is 'adverse weather conditions'. You're damn right, it is hot, humid, and a bit cloudy. However, I don't see any reason not to get me back to the sandlands on time. Unfortunately, my lack of pilot's license or any kind of engineering qualification meant that they smiled nicely and directed me to the lounge, where I promptly lost my passport and ticket, proving beyond any reasonable doubt that I am not a person to be taken seriously on matters of travel and flying.
Hurumph.
Otherwise, the team have been doing a sterling job in my absence, dealing with everything on their own, so I've departed from my stingy self and bought them quality street as a treat. I'm sure they were supposed to arrive in the office sealed, but perhaps they won't notice that I already dipped in to the jar. Couldn't resist. Feeling quite proud of them all, which may mean I'm starting to take this whole management thing a bit more seriously, but they all just keep flattering me and I'm lapping it up, so perhaps I'm being played like a royal kipper. My ignorance is bliss though, so I'll stay wallowing in it for a while yet.
Been chatting to the american guy opposite me in the lounge, these places are a hotbed for flirting and networking. There are at least three people here I recognise from regional business magazines, though can't put my finger on which industry they are personally bastions of, so i'm smiling at everyone indiscriminately. I think this may make me look like a loon rather than efficient business person, so I might stop now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment