Thursday, June 21, 2007

insane weeks

Today has been the culmination of an insane, amazing and absolutely exhausting week. The scary thing is, it gets busier from here. I prevailed, somehow, prevailing through a fog of mediocrity, with the sole tool of complete and utter confidence-trick bullshittery. Somehow, the client binned our sister company, the full network, global advertising agency, and has told our little start up, name-no-substance agency, that we should name our price and take the lead on the work. Which makes me a confidence trickster or damn good DIC. Am I happy about being a big dick? I'm not entirely sure. I'm thrilled that someone really believes I can do my job. I'm terrified that the job I'm now being given is bigger than agencies ten times our size could handle. I'm standing on the edge of that precipice wit the big sign post that says, jump and win... or fail... you'll never know till you jump.

Who needs a parachute?

No comments: