Monday, September 18, 2006

lull before the storm

And so today the week changed gear, stepped it up a notch, and again the diary is full. As it is monday that is just absurd. However, I've booked in for a snowboarding lesson on Sunday, which is good as it's been on my list of things to do for ages. Must do more sport. Like sailing... though because of Yo I'm negotiating my way around two double bookings this weekend, and trying to communicate what i want to do without either upsetting a mate or automatically giving in, neither of which are terribly healthy. The pitfalls and politics of modern life. Tonight I'm dining with australian clients who want to talk racing - should be interesting - so my task for this afternoon is research. I do love days where the boss says - please spend the rest of the day on the internet, leave early to get dolled up then please get your ass to this 5* hotel for slap up meal with friendly people to talk about something you enjoy. Really... must I? Ree-sult. If only there weren't those other three looming releases to draft on incredibly boring topics to counter my enthusiasm.
Not much else going on today - am currently full of sushi which is a wonderful state in my opinion. As we tip-toe quietly into the onset of the 21 century crusades, life in the middle east flows on around me. There are no muslims with placards in this town calling for the death of the pope, though the daily mail would have us believe they're swarming the streets of the UK. A press with half a hand over its mouth, or a twisted middle england hate rag... that is actually a really tricky choice. Ideally, of course I support a system that allows the latter, in practice, I prefer to read the former. Must ponder further though.

No comments: