Wednesday, September 06, 2006

reasons anglesey rocks

1. newborough beach.


It is officially the most beautiful place ever. For some reason I just found my pics from the early part of august's mad holiday-dash around. This was the part i went home and contracted acute streptococcus. Which sounds so much more dramatic than 'I got a sore throat'. Anyway, i had a chest infection (read: cough) and my passages were inflamed (oo-er). I got sick. So I took my uncle (the tall skinny one) to Newborough to check out locations to do a photo-shoot for a family of southerners who I'd overheard at a yacht club party talking about the lack of good photographers in anglesey, and promptly pounced on to become my uncle's first clients in his new endeavour to become a photographer. He's been a maths teacher for years but is so much better suited to photography. There's a website somewhere of his stuff but I seem to have lost it.

Anyway, the beach is my favourite place in the world, in any weather, for its sheer vastness and awesome power. The island has a legend, as all good islands should, about Saint Dwynwen who was banished there when she fell in love with the wrong person or something. She's now the patron saint of lovers. She got spurned, apparently, and retreated to Llanddwyn Island to lick her wounds, where an eel in a well granted her 3 wishes, one of which was to turn her intended (said spurner) into ice. The original bee-atch. Go girlfriend. So that'd be two reasons anglesey rocks then.

No comments: